1. We cannot guarantee the availability of goods until your booking is fully confirmed.
i. Booking is confirmed by both:
· Clearing of deposit payment which is a minimum requirement at Hire Conference Chairs.
· Acceptance of Hire Conference Chairs' terms & conditions. Once you have made a payment this is also considered acceptance of Hire Conference Chairs' terms & conditions. You can request our terms & conditions at any time in the required format.
ii. Payments made by cheque should be received by Hire Conference Chairs at least 7 working days before the event. Once the cheque has cleared your booking is confirmed.
iii. Hire Conference Chairs cannot take responsibility for the change in availability of goods during the period before payment has cleared.
iv. Hire Conference Chairs reserves the right to decline to accept any method of payment at its own discretion. An example of this would be late cash payments such as cash on collection or late requests to pay by cheque or invoice purchase order.
v. Hire Conference Chairs' quotes are only valid for 7 days and we reserve the right to withdraw these at any time. Only written quotes from a Hire Conference Chairs representative may be honoured. Telephone and other quotes/prices may be dismissed at our discretion.
vi. Full payment of goods/services is due before delivery.
vii. All payments made by credit cards or American Express(AMEX) cards will incur a 2% surcharge.
2. If you wish to cancel an order, all cancellations must be made in writing. This is either via email or recorded post. We recommend you confirm the receipt of your cancellation by Hire Conference Chairs by telephone.
i. For orders with a value in excess of £350.00, there is no charge if cancelled by the hirer no later than 14 days before hire start date.
ii. For orders with a value under £350.00, there is no charge if cancelled by the hirer no later than 7 days before the hire start date.
iii. For orders with a value in excess of £500.00, there is no charge if cancelled by the hirer no later than 28 days before hire start date.
v. When orders are cancelled within the above parameters stated in 2 (i), 2 (ii) and 2 (iii) , a 50% charge of total order value is charged to the hirer.
vi. If you cancel an order of any size within the 48 hour period of the hire start date, Hire Conference Chairs will charge 100% of the order value. In certain circumstances at our own discretion we may refund or partially refund delivery and collection charges.
vii. Any reduction of order value by the hirer is treated as part cancellation and the same charges apply.
viii. Hire Conference Chairs reserves the right to cancel at anytime. (This would only occur in extreme circumstances, is a very rare occurrence and something we avoid at all costs.)
3. Once we deliver the goods to the agreed site/address, and until a Hire Conference Chair representative collects them, the goods are the sole responsibility of the hirer. Human error and damage in transit can occur. It is the responsibility of the hirer to check and ensure the condition, quantity and quality of goods on arrival and inform the delivery team whilst they are still on site of any problems.
i. All goods should be stored in the correct way to avoid damage. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure they know the correct way of storing the goods. If unsure you can contact a representative of Hire Conference Chairs who can advise you accordingly.
ii. Goods should be stored in secure, dry conditions. Negligence can result in loss and damage for which relevant charges defined by Hire Conference Chairs apply.
iii. All Goods should be returned in clean, dry condition or relevant charges defined by Hire Conference Chairs apply.
iv. Hirers who choose to collect or return goods themselves must use vehicles suitable for this purpose including means of securing the goods safely. Hire Conference Chairs reserves the right to refuse the release of hired goods to any customer without a suitable vehicle for the safe carriage of hired goods.
v. We reserve the right to not leave goods with the hirer, if on delivery it is apparent the goods will not be kept safely or securely.
vi. If the return of goods is late the hirer will incur full relevant hire fees, in addition the hirer will incur costs where other customers of Hire Conference Chairs have been inconvenienced and/or compensated as a result of the hirers late return of goods.
vii. Hired goods and equipment at all times remains the property of Hire Conference Chairs.
4. Hire Conference Chairs will charge for any items that have been lost or damaged during hire.
i. Loss also includes, but is not limited to other costs incurred such as loss of staff time through labour, waiting, cleaning etc, inconvenience to other customers as a result of the hirer’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions and agreed hire start end times and other relevant details.
5. We will refund deposits usually by the same means as the payment was made. If you paid by card, you will be refunded by card.
i. Hire Conference Chairs aim to process all refunds with 5 working days of the end of hire. We cannot guarantee the time it will take for you to receive the money due to processing times at banks.
ii. If you have not received payment with 14 days of the end of hire, you should get in contact with us so we can find out what went wrong.
iii. The same process as above applies to any other refund.
Deliveries & Collections
6. You the hirer are responsible for informing us before delivery of any relevant details for loading and unloading, such as parking restrictions, tolls, stairs, distance into venue or building and any other limitations that may affect the delivery drivers. You will be held liable for any tickets or costs incurred by Hire Conference Chairs as a result of failure to inform us beforehand. You will also be held responsible for any delays that happen as a consequence of your action or inaction. We reserve the right to refuse to deliver or collect goods in addition to charging due to the breach of any of these guidelines.
i. Unless otherwise stated, delivery and collection will include:
-Customers choice of an approximate, guide window of time as AM (usually 9am-noon) or PM (usually noon-5pm) on Weekdays, weekends may vary. -Delivery to the street level/ground floor within reasonable access (up to 10 meters from nearest available parking point) or up to 10 metres in to a building on the ground floor. Please note this may be reduced to narrow corridors and entry points, or if loading is hazardous. -Delivery to a single point where the goods may be held safely.
ii. Upon delivery or collection our representative may even refuse to deliver or collect on the basis of the customer not informing us of the following:
-The taking of goods up or down any stairs, lifts or escalators. This includes both inside and outside. -Unfolding, setting out or folding and stacking any goods. -Cleaning. -Moving items belonging to a third party in order to gain access. -Specific time requirements. -Unscheduled waiting for access to a property for delivery or collection of goods. (The above are not included and are available as additional services, please enquire for specific information)
If Hire Conference Chairs Is Late
7. Hire Conference Chairs will always endeavour to arrive as scheduled and has a strong track record for being on time. This may not always be possible due to traffic, weather conditions, issues with other jobs and any other delays. For this reason, We recommend scheduling delivery to a ‘safe’ time which allows for the worst to happen and your event to function with other arrangements. We accept no responsibility for a customer’s failure to account for this matter and will not compensate beyond the value of any monies taken for any given job.
i. If Hire Conference Chairs is at fault and in breach of its agreement with the customer, we may refund partial or whole delivery fees. This will be based on how late we are and whether the customer had allowed sufficient time as per our guidelines to account for this.